Friday, May 4, 2012

Assumptions, Interactions, And The Birth Of KHHA

Over the course of my career I have helped out a lot of people.  The majority of that help came in the form of me helping promote the people I was helping by writing articles about them. (Mostly rappers)

In case you did not know, I am also a journalist with the San Antonio Express News [Online].

I did not want to annoy my Facebook friends and Twitter followers with constant promotion about the project so I began individually messaging people.  In my messages I was not asking for money.  (No one likes to be hit up for cash, especially by a friend)  All I was simply asking for was for them to repost the link to the project.  That's all.

Some of whom I hit up were saying things like "I got you!"  Or "Anything for you homie"  I really appreciated that those people were willing to help me out in return.  Then there were people who were dodging me.  People were dodging me like they owed me child support.  Made me realize just how many of those people actually appreciated my help and how many of those who took advantage of it.  I will not forget this.  Maybe I was a tad foolish in assuming that everyone would be on board to help me out in return.

Moving on I began to get a few people who contributed some money to the project so I was happy.  This is only the beginning.  I do not know where I will be at come the end of the fundraising campaign.

Now that I had a little cash I decided I was going to make everything official.  I was going to purchase my call letters, and that is exactly what I did!

ANNOUNCING THE BIRTH OF K.H.H.A 
K=KEEPING H=HIP H=HOP A=ALIVE  

I am stoked.  As I said before, this IS happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOT THE STATION WEB PAGE, ONLY THE PROGRESSION BLOG!!!