Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Twitter & Thoughts Of The Station Launch

I took a moment to think about what it will be like on the day the station launches.  I already know I am going to have a bunch of artist on the air with me.  Being a radio DJ, I have an enormous amount of resources so it will not be hard to book the artist to come on the air with me.  I just have to hold off on booking the artist because everything is still on hold.  I still need call letters, I still need funding, I still need everything.  I very well cannot hit someone up and say something on the lines of "Hey, I would like to book you for my radio station for an on air interview, I just don't know the name of it yet."  Having said that, I was getting way ahead of myself.  However the idea that I want old school rappers on the air with me on launch day to speak to me on the air is something that is definitely going to happen.

Moving on...

I created a Twitter account so I could put a widget on this blog to make it look a little nicer.  It was looking a tad plane.  I honestly had way too much to do to pay much attention to it.  However today I had some time to kill.  To pass the time I started tweeting from the Twitter account I created @HipHopOldies.  I very well couldn't blurt out what the project was cause at the moment, it isn't live on kickstarter.com yet.  So I just randomly started tweeting random knowledge about old school Hip Hop and Hip Hop culture. 

I somehow gained a follower.  Weird.  I had the web address to this blog on the Twitter account even though I had changed this blog to a private setting.  I kept tweeting.  I started to get more and more followers.  Wow!  Then... Shock G of Digital Underground started following me.  Then Raekwon of the Wu-Tang Clan started following me.  I kept getting more and more followers.  This was crazy!

In the span of half a day I gained 84 followers.  I was impressed.  Perhaps I cannot neglect the Twitter as much as I had originally planned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOT THE STATION WEB PAGE, ONLY THE PROGRESSION BLOG!!!